Monday, March 23, 2015

Round 1, Match 3: The Horse Whisperer versus Secretariat

First, some brief housekeeping: due to company and some internet issues during the only time I had to blog, I couldn't get these polls up over the weekend. Sorry! We'll go double time this week in order to catch up. Each poll will still be open for 24 hours of voting.

The Horse Whisperer versus Secretariat


The Horse Whisperer (1998)


The mother of a severely traumatized daughter enlists the aid of a unique horse trainer to help the girl's equally injured horse.


Secretariat (2010)

Penny Chenery Tweedy and colleagues guide her long-shot but precocious stallion to set, in 1973, the unbeaten record for winning the Triple Crown.

(Lest anyone judge me, I copied that summary from imdb.com, as I have been doing for all of these matchups, in the interests of objectivity. I will now abandon my objective stance and say holy shit that is the worst movie summary of all time. I trust that you all know what a movie named Secretariat is about.)

(No, I mean really, what does "the unbeaten record for winning the Triple Crown" MEAN?)

VOTE!

8 comments:

  1. I've never seen The Horse Whisperer. And I thought Secretariat was just okay. But it did use the actual footage from Secretariat's actual Belmont, and actual footage of Secretariat's actual Belmont is better than anything Hollywood could possibly have produced. So Secretariat wins. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your logic is flawless.

      (The Horse Whisperer was terrible, stay far away.)

      Delete
    2. Agreed with the logic and the fact that the Horse Whisperer was terrible. -- Sorry Lauren ;)

      Delete
    3. Stay away from the horse whisperer!

      Delete
    4. I did read the book. That was enough!

      Delete
  2. Omg I loooooooove The Horse Whisperer! It's not really a horse story though, it's more a people story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of these movies! But, Secretariat gets my vote, I absolutely love that story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.