Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Product Review: Nunn Finer Soft Grip Reins

Nunn Finer Soft Grip Reins

I have stubby fat fingers. Fitting anything to my hands is tough. Most rubber reins are rubber over some other material, and are thick and stiff. This is almost undoubtedly more durable and sturdier. But it meant that I could not for the life of me use them. It was like holding thick fat crayons between my fingers - there was no subtlety to them at all.

A few years ago, when I decided I wanted rubber reins, I went to Equine Affaire, and I pawed over every single pair of rubber reins I could find. I came away from that day with a solution: these reins. Out of every single pair of rubber reins at that massive, massive trade fair, these were the best: the softest, the most malleable, the thinnest, and the highest quality. I put them on my wish list and two years later, received them for Christmas. I got the white ones, which I think look awesome and which I'm pretty sure most people secretly think are tacky.

I have no idea what I'm doing in this picture,
but look how awesome those white reins look!
They have lived up to their promise 100%. I've schooled in them, showed in them, hacked in them, you name it, and they remain exactly what I hoped for. So if you've got small hands and short fingers, or you struggle with the stiffness of typical rubber reins, these are for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.