Saturday, March 25, 2017

Weekly Blog Roundup

Replacement Post Fall from Equestrian at Hart
The day this was posted I'd had a conversation with a coworker about expensive sports equipment, and explained to her that some riding helmets cost upwards of $1,000. She was baffled and horrified, as I have been for years. Why spend that much money on something you'll have to replace in five years, best case scenario?

Pressure Washing My Trailer from Cob Jockey
I include this because I did the exact same every few years: pressure washed the shit out of my horse trailer and was then astounded at how nice it was. So I highly recommend it to anyone!

Beach Ride from DIY Horsemanship
siiiiiiiigh

Roscoe Gets a Neurectomy from Hand Gallop
This is a bit graphic but soooooooo interesting.

The Kindness of Strangers from The $900 Facebook Pony
If you haven't been following along - this is a completely heartbreaking story. I'm sharing it here so I can give a signal boost to a crowdsourcing fund that a kind soul has set up to help out Amanda & Presto.

Please consider donating:

Get Well Soon, Presto

What should be practiced? from Incidents of Guidance
An intriguing question: what should we be doing without thinking?

Spooky from A Enter Spooking
Tristan is not a bit spooky, but I've definitely dealt with my share of spookers. Where's the line?


This week's non-horsey read is not for the faint of heart: Accidental therapists: For insect detectives, the trickiest cases involve the bugs that aren’t really there

2 comments:

  1. We get the calls described in the last article, too, along with calls from people who feel they have fibers under their skin. Very difficult -- it's not a public health issue, so not our jurisdiction -- all we can do is listen and encourage them to see their PCP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last article was fascinating!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.