Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Weirdo horse gets somehow even more weird: tail update

You guys, I do not even anymore.

Monday afternoon, I went out to ride. Yay.

Tristan's tail wrap was missing. Lo, the miracle of the Elastikon had at last come to an end; it continued almost two more weeks after I first reported it. Goddamn, you guys, seriously.

Anyway: it was gone now.

So, I lifted up his tail, curious as to what it would look like. It had been nearly two months since we put in the cisplastin beads, and one month since I last looked at it, when it looked like a healing scab.

There was nothing there.

No-thing.



You can sorta-kinda see a vague outline of a maybe-lump in the second picture. That's where it was.

No stitches.

No lump.

Like nothing ever happened.

Certainly not a $750 ordeal with multiple vet checks and a biopsy and a second lab test on the biopsy and goddamn chemotherapy.

WHY IS MY HORSE SO WEIRD, YOU GUYS.

I mean, I am not complaining. Really, I'm not. I have an email in the vet basically consisting of ?!?!?! and I am a smidge worried that maybe the beads were supposed to come out? Also, the stitches? But other than that, problem seems to be solved without another vet visit.

So, thus ends the saga of the tail tumor, which was weird from point A to point B.

10 comments:

  1. Hahhaa, oh man. At least you don't have to worry about it anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly Tristan has been replaced with an alternate-universe version of himself. IT NEVER HAPPENED AT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I don't know?! They were "bioabsorbable" so maybe they got all absorbed and poof gone? I am awaiting my vet's email anxiously...

      Delete
    2. and? what sayeth el vet?! :D

      Delete
  4. I'm glad that it looks good regardless of the mystery.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.