Monday, December 12, 2016

Blog Hop Raffle Results

You might have forgotten that I did this, but I definitely didn't!

The winner of my horse clipping blog hop is...

Ashley of The Feral Red Horse!

Thanks, Ashley! Check your email!

I hope to do more of these in the new year, so keep an eye out.

Thanks to everyone who participated, commenting or participating in the blog hop. It really helped me to think through what I'd do with Tristan. I ended up doing a modified Irish clip; I had every intention of doing a full Irish clip, but as I started in on his shoulder I didn't like how thin the hair was, and I kept thinking about blanket rubs. So I clipped down his chest and onto his stomach a bit, but not over the shoulders.


Here he is halfway through.


And here you can see a little bit how it turned out. I don't love the line on his neck - I'd like to go up more to his throatlatch - but I'm happy with the rest of it. And I'm happy with the way he's cooling out.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you ended up doing one of my favorite clips... I go even further, though, and just do a strip down the center of the chest and leave the entire shoulder, because delicate thoroughbred flowers need all of the hair they can get:D. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.