Sunday, March 24, 2013

2013 Area 1 Scholarships

I have been so busy blathering on about my own pony that I forgot an actually awesome thing that is going on right now: the USEA Area 1 Scholarship awards.

I'm on the committee that puts together the guidelines and then gets to review the applications, and it is one of my favorite things to do each year, to be so privileged as to get to share in so many wonderful people's hopes and dreams. I wish I could give every single applicant a scholarship, truly.

This year I am closer to that wish, because we have more than doubled our award money - we're giving a total of 9 scholarships of $250 each for those who want to pursue eventing-related educational activities - lessons, clinics, unmounted classes like TD training or course design, other out of the box ideas - you name it.

Application materials can be found on the Area 1 website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.