Monday, July 3, 2017

June Goals

First, an article I've been thinking about: Halfway There: Nine Ways to Assess Your Yearlong Goals at the Midpoint.


Previously, I set horse goals and life goals. After a bad April, May was better. June is a tiny bit better still. Getting there.
May Recap

Horse Goals - original post here

1. Put hands on my horse 5x a week - No. Just...no.

2. Be less perfunctory - actually a smidge better. I really should've defined this goal better, but: I'm forcing myself to slow down more, be more thorough.

3. Aim toward dressage schooling shows - I'm getting frustrated about this again. Definitely not going to happen this summer, and that's leaving me kind of sad.

4. Take more lessons - June did not happen. Fuck June, anyway.

5. Horse-specific income stream / funding emergency fund - AUGH. I was actually trending better on this! This was a small success story in June! Then, Friday morning, ANOTHER brake caliper failed.

6. Do more thoughtful work - Yes, actually.

7. Get more media - Some more. Not a ton.

Life Goals - original post here

1. Pay off car - still on track, SO CLOSE.

2. Read 75 books - 45/75

Decent, but I did not have as much reading time as I'd hoped. I'm still ahead of schedule, but would really like to do more reading. It's one of the few things that relaxes me right now.

The Ghost Brigades by John Scalzi
The Last Colony by John Scalzi
Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray
The Three Body Problem by Cixin Liu
Hard Call: Great Decisions and the Extraordinary People Who Made Them by John McCain

3. Revive history blogs - yeah I might just take this off the list because nope.

4. Do better about food - Still doing ok at this! I'm down 20lbs, but have fallen off the exercising wagon. I need to work on that again. Weight was never my goal. Strength, flexibility, and energy were goals, and those have all fallen off a bit.

5. Decorate the house - Tiny progress: I bought some picture frames. I hope to have some things up on the wall soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.