Previously, I set horse goals and life goals.
So, how was February?
Horse Goals - original post here
1. Put hands on my horse 5x a week - better and better! I'm mostly pleased with this, actually.
2. Be less perfunctory - I really should have made this goal easier to quantify. I struggled with this one a bit, though.
3. Aim toward dressage schooling shows - good progress, mostly in the nature of keeping him in good work. I'll have to look at the schooling schedule to see how that maps out for the summer for any away shows.
4. Take more lessons - February, check! Scheduled March.
5. Horse-specific income stream / funding emergency fund - Tristan's emergency fund is now at $525/$1500, and my overall emergency fund is at $7,715/$12,000. Still no real progress on the income stream.
6. Do more thoughtful work - Mixed. I am pleased with how much more I'm reading in terms of thoughtful long thinkpieces rather than short articles.
7. Get more media - Sort of still a fail. I'm taking more pictures of Tristan, but none of them have me in it.
Life Goals - original post here
1. Pay off car - still on track for November 2017 with possibilities to move faster that I'm waiting on
2. Read 75 books - 15/75 down:
The Underground Railroad by Coulson Whitehead
Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
No Ordinary Time by Doris Kearns Goodwin
Better with the whole reading-white-men thing! Better, too, with lining up books to read on a schedule, but slower progress due to higher density non-fiction books and less time to read overall.
3. Revive history blogs - Off the wagon in February, but I'm scheduling posts for March now, so...mixed? First post for March published yesterday, a reflection on national identity as shown in the Estonian National History Museum.
4. Do better about food - February was all about focusing on cleaning out the pantry, so I made a lot of meals that used up random things in order to get to the back of the cupboards & the freezer. But, I did do better about food prep, particularly for quality breakfast items like smoothies and mini quiches.
5. Decorate the house - sigh. not really. I did the curtains in the office but...that's kind of it.