Sunday, August 31, 2014

Blog Hop: Horse Clothes

I am so very far behind in this blog hop that I totally missed the official code for it, but I was folding laundry the other day and thought "self, you have a really embarrassing number of horse-related shirts, and you need to share that with the internet."

Aside: does anyone else mentally separate clothes into work clothes, barn clothes, civilian clothes? I think I wear non-work, non-barn clothes mayyyybe once a week. Possibly I need a life.


Fancy technical shirts for riding on days when I need to dress up. On the left, from the Bromont CCI3*, which I've blogged about before here; on the right, from my old barn.


Get it? I ride a mustang? There are a surprisingly number of mustang-the-car themed shirts and other gimmicky things that I feel tempted to own.


The two left I got at an Equine Affaire; the right suits my mood sometimes...


One of my all-time favorites, a gift from a dear friend, and a discontinued design on Threadless. The ponies have, from left to right, a stick of dynamite and a six shooter on their butts.


Remember when Life is Good made equestrian t-shirts? This is still a favorite of mine. I deeply regret not getting the eventing & dressage ones when they still made them. (If you can't read, it says "Hold Your Horses" and the little stick figure is giving the horse a hug.)


Sorry this picture came out so poorly, but: Rolex! I picked this up for, no joke, $12 at the clearance tent on the way out after showjumping. It's a men's small, and has only fairly recently shrunk with washing to look not ridiculous on me. It was the only t-shirt I saw all that weekend in my colors (gray & black) and I had to have it.


Volunteering t-shirts! Left and right are Vermont Dressage Days from different years (so in love with the new one I got this year, on the right!). Center is King Oak; for all the many times I've volunteered for them I usually take pens. This is the only t-shirt I ever took.


College stuff. I went to college in Vermont. T-shirts would not cut it. LL Bean quarter zip fleece on the left, LL bean insulated jacket on the right. These are both approaching 12 years old and I wear them constantly and I am probably going to have a small breakdown when they finally wear out. I should call up my old coach and have her put me on the next order...

I think I am missing one of the other My Little Pony t-shirts, but you get the idea. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing the hop anyways! Love seeing everyone's clothes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.