Saturday, December 13, 2014

Weekly Blog Roundup

Here are a few interesting posts from the horse blogging world!

Celebrating Aengus from Wait for the Jump
Psych! Aengus is a cat. Wait, though. I am not a cat person. I am in fact pretty much the opposite of a cat person. I do not willingly touch or pet them. Part of that is allergies, but part of that is I believe a fundamental inability to make my brain interface with cats. We just don't get along. I do live with a cat, who I have grown fond of over the years, but the fiance is very clear that it will be his last. So why am I linking this post? Because Saiph IS a cat person, and the way she writes about Aengus makes even this non-cat person want to meet him, and appreciate him, and see him through her eyes. He sounds like a really cool dude.

A Few of Christian Schacht's Exercises from Not So Speedy Dressage
Karen does the most extraordinary job communicating her lessons and clinics, complete with diagrams and pictures. Every post is a gem. This post links to several other days of the Christian Schacht clinic as well.

Ending the Cycle of Excuses from The Simple Dollar
The Simple Dollar is a personal finance blog, not a horse blog, but I often find applicable, interesting things here nonetheless. This post in particular spoke to me this week, about forcing myself to do the hard, drudging things and get out there every day to work.

Four Awesome Things I Want for Christmas from Sprinkler Bandit
Tis the season for snooping on other people's wishlists and bulking up your own. I love these lists because they are like mini product reviews and they expand my horizons.

Steps to the Changes: A Better Canter from Guinness on Tap
The canter is probably my broadest weakness as a rider. I really appreciated the thought and care put into writing up this lesson, and the video evidence of what Austen is talking about. Top notch post through and through.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the feature!! I'm not a cat person either, I feel your inability to relate to cats. It's a struggle. (Okay, maybe not really.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always love the Simple Dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mention of Aengus's post made me grin from ear to ear! :D Glad you enjoyed! He really is a cool little guy. Thank you for this roundup: the Simple Dollar post was very timely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.