Wednesday, February 20, 2013

To Do List

I do best with lists. Ideally, lists full of action-y things that I can do. So here's my list:

1. Vet has sent Tristan's radiographs out for consult, with comparatives from past views. We should have an opinion within 48 hours.

2. I will call our vet from MA and lay out what's happened since we left and see if he has any ideas based on what he saw of Tris initially.

3. Vet will look at Tristan tomorrow, Thursday, and block his foot to make 100% sure where the lameness is coming from.

4. I'll talk to her at that time. I'll get her ideas on what she sees, and float the following ideas by her:
a) should we cut his grain and/or switch to a low-carb grain just in case he is having laminitic flareups? (absolutely no other indicators that this is the case, but I can't think of anything else that would be causing periodic heat + lameness)
b) should we call in another Vermont vet who has ultrasound equipment and take a look at the foot? (said vet also specializes more in sporthorse lameness)
c) should we alter his turnout schedule in any way? (stall rest or 24/7 - the latter of which would theoretically be possible at our current place, but not without some negotiation.)

5. I will sit down probably Thursday night or Friday night and make a detailed, blow-by-blow chronology of everything that has happened. Luckily, I keep really good records, so this should be nothing more than a research exercise, rather than a reconstruction. I'll email that to the vet so she has the full copy, keep it updated in case we go to the other vet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.