Saturday, September 6, 2014

Sleeping in on a Saturday Morning; Or, Here, Have a Guilt Trip!

I left work last night with a splitting headache and decided on the way that if I got there before they had grained, I would longe Tris. If not, I would groom and go home.

Well, I got there just after he'd been tossed his grain, so I fussed over him, picked out his stall, added more shavings, tidied up the tack trunk, and headed home. Before I left, I put a note on the board to ask that his grain be held in the morning. I had plans to get to the barn around 7am and take him out for a few miles of hacking.

Then I woke up this morning at 8:30 am with barely enough time to shower, eat breakfast, and get to work. Then I swore a LOT. Then I texted the working student to tell her to just feed my poor horse his breakfast and apologize to him.

Then I got to work and couldn't shake the niggling feelings of guilt and self-loathing, so I called the barn juuuuuust to make sure. Turned out that WS hadn't gotten my text message, and they'd held his grain but turned him out. He'll get his grain when he comes in at lunch.

I am the WORST horse mom EVER. Poor Tris. :( Now I get not only heaps of guilt for making him hungry at breakfast, I get the worry that he did not get his pergolide or his antihistamines before turnout. UGH.

1 comment:

  1. aw what a bummer - i hate it when you've got everything planned out and it just fails. (and is it just horse people that consider 8:30 oversleeping?) anyway, i'm sure Tris will be fine... but i hear ya all the same

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.