Monday, November 6, 2017

October Goals Update

Okay, time to recap October's progress

Previously:

January Recap
February Recap
March Recap
April Recap
May Recap
June Recap
July Recap
August & September Recap

Horse Goals - original post here

1. Put hands on my horse 5x a week - Mixed again; some weeks were terrific, some weeks were awful. Work continues to get in the way; I'm not home before 9pm 2-3 days a week at this point.

2. Be less perfunctory - Blergh.

3. Aim toward dressage schooling shows - This goal is officially defunct; no more shows left!

4. Take more lessons - No. :(

5. Horse-specific income stream / funding emergency fund - 

HOORAY! With the Etsy launch, I have the first steps toward a horse-specific income.

I also sold some of my bags & saddle covers, as well as my own used tack and apparel, at our fall tack sale and made enough to cover Tristan's unexpected farrier bill. I'm really pleased with myself on this goal right now.

I've also stabilized and started to gain ground on emergency savings. \o/

Emergency fund: $4,350/$15,000
Tristan's savings: $115/$1,500

6. Do more thoughtful work - Yes. I'm generally pleased with this.

7. Get more media - I've done some great pictures lately!

Life Goals - original post here

1. Pay off car - Only $280 left!!!

2. Read 75 books - 79/75, goal is officially reached!

Mistborn, by Brandon Sanderson
The Well of Ascension, by Brandon Sanderson
The Evil Wizard Smallbone, by Delia Sherman
A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
Stitches by Anne Lamott
The Eagle by Rosemary Sutcliff

Everyone should read A Room of One's Own. Read it. Now. NOW. Why are you still reading this stupid blog post when you could be reading Virginia Woolf lay waste to the patriarchy?

3. Revive history blogs - sigh.

4. Do better about food - Still doing well! On day 202 of tracking my food as of yesterday.

5. Decorate the house - I bought three frames for the art we bought on the honeymoon and have measured the rest to get them frames!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome on your savings goals! That's going to be one of my big 2018 goals... too bad I have to buy a saddle. UGH.
    Seeing your books reminded me to go update my Goodreads account too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! I find tracking eating to be the hardest. You are an inspiration! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.