Wednesday, August 9, 2017

2017 Goals: July Recap

Fuck this summer you guys. Forever and ever, world without end, fuck this summer, amen.

Ahem.

Let's recap.

January Recap
February Recap
March Recap
April Recap
May Recap
June Recap

Horse Goals - original post here

1. Put hands on my horse 5x a week - Actually I crushed this. Granted, a lot of these visits were in the middle of the night and doing medical care, so not a ton of riding, but I still saw him an awful lot.

2. Be less perfunctory - In some ways I'm actually doing really well with this. I'm trying to budget myself more time to do the little things. It's amazing and wonderful to live so close to him, but I've noticed that I fall into a trap where I think I can get in & out of the barn in 90 minutes, including travel time. That's do-able, but it leaves no time to take care of the niceties. So I'm working on building out more time.

3. Aim toward dressage schooling shows - I really should just take this goal off it's depressing me.

4. Take more lessons - lololololol

5. Horse-specific income stream / funding emergency fund - you guys, I'm not going to put up my numbers because I had $2,800 in vet bills in July fuck July.

6. Do more thoughtful work - Hm. I'm going with yes.

7. Get more media - Do a million pictures of him standing sick in his stall count?

Life Goals - original post here

1. Pay off car - yes! on track for November, depending on how things shake out I might take a swing at paying this down in September.

2. Read 75 books - 57/75, HA, take that, goals! Even better: I genuinely enjoyed everything I read this month, and most of them were superb. I wish I could make everyone read Random Family.

Welcome to NightVale by Joseph Fink
Supergirl Vol 1: Last Daughter of Krypton (New 52) by Michael Fink
Marriage and Other Acts of Charity by Kate Braestrup
The Black Stallion by Walter Farley
Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden
Random Family: Love, Drugs, Trouble, and Coming of Age in the Bronx by Adrian Nicole Leblanc
Skullsworn by Brian Staveley
The Black Stallion Returns by Walter Farley
Son of the Black Stallion by Walter Farley

3. Revive history blogs - ugggghhhhhh

4. Do better about food - Yes, still doing well, except I did eat terribly yesterday. I had small portions and did not eat a ton but I had biscuits & gravy for breakfast and pizza for dinner. Too many carbs, not enough proteins.

5. Decorate the house - nope.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.