Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June 2015 Conformation

I'm really happy with Tristan's overall look right now. His weight is good, his summer coat is coming in shiny and healthy. The tone of his muscle - what little there is - is actually pretty decent too.


His head is still two sizes too big for his body, but some things we cannot change with diet and exercise.

Ditto his stubby pony legs on a 16hh horse body.

Still, all in all? I wish he had 2-3 more inches of height, but I love his build.

Now, let's see if we can put more muscle on him this summer.

4 comments:

  1. Go team go! Build muscle. Do good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried lysine supplementation? It's super cheap and can really help with putting on muscle on metabolic horses. The ECIR group recommends it. It really helped my swaybacked IR gelding develop a topline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I have not. I will have to look into it, thanks.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.