Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Equestrian Antiquing

The My future in-laws visited this weekend, which meant two things: they helped us accomplish a truly amazing list of things around the house, and we went antiquing.

Whenever I am turned loose in an antique store, I gravitate toward the horse-themed items. I have a small but growing collection of old veterinary bottles - magic  elixirs and salves, that sort of thing. I didn't find anything tempting yesterday, but I thought I'd take a few photos to share anyway!







 
This was an old candy tin. My most tempting find of the day, but not quite right.




This was actually a whole pile of turn of the century sleighing and other horse-themed prints.


Original art - definitely the nicest piece I saw that day, just not my style. The artist's last name was Schyler.


4 comments:

  1. Love poking around antique stores for horse and donkey-themed stuff! We have started a small collection too, it's fun. I like those vintage racing mugs a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool stuff! There are a lot of antique stores on the same street the tack shop's on, so I sometimes spend my lunch break poking around for equestrian items. It's nearly all western-themed around here, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way the wildflowers poke about around that pinto horses legs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i kinda like that hunter in the water. it's not quiiiite right, but i like the colors and general composition. and would have probably bought the rochester mug bc... well i just love that little town lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.