Sunday, May 31, 2015

What Would George Morris Say? Reviewing Wonder Woman's Equitation


Lynda Carter (yes, that Lynda Carter) posted this on Facebook the other day, and a friend tagged me when he shared it. It's apparently from the episode "The Boy Who Knew Her Secret." Despite being a huge comics nerd, I've never seen the original Wonder Woman TV series.

The longer I look at this photo, the more I see.

On the one hand, the horse is nicely relaxed and alert, she's got a nice soft hand on the reins, and she's riding with a ton of confidence.

On the other hand, George Morris would have a heart attack. No hairnet, much less a helmet! Riding in tights (imagine the runs?!)! Gripping with the knees and tipping forward badly - no real depth of seat, she's rocked forward on her thighs instead of sitting on her seatbones.

On the other other hand, as my friend pointed out, she's an Amazon. She can do whatever she wants!

9 comments:

  1. I always critique riders in movies/shows. But really...she's cool enough without perfect equitation, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks fabulous. She's Wonder Woman. George better pipe down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see a GM vs Wonder Woman throw-down.

    Perhaps she could fend off his venomous but accurate comments about her equitation with the "bracelets of submission." ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha she looks like my kinda rider ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I can't imagine how compromised my equitation would be if I was worried about my DD's busting out of my Wonder Bra- which is this looks like to me! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I figure that GM should try to ride in that outfit, then he can judge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!! Made even better by your commenters!! I cannot unimagined GM dressed as WW now - thanks for that, Jodi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My first thought was....how has she not flopped out of her top???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.