Monday, May 11, 2015

Interrupting the silence

Life is about 12 steps beyond insane, but I did want to mention this here:

At the closing, it came up in conversation that I have a horse. I indicated where I kept him, and our lawyer - whose name I picked randomly off a list of recommendations provided by our real estate agent, mostly because she was the only woman - started laughing.

"We own Twinkie!" she said.

Twinkie, the semi-retired pinto lesson pony who lived three stalls down from Tristan.

I don't know if this is a "horse world is small" moment or a "Vermont is small" moment or some bizarre intersection of both at once, but I laughed pretty hard too.

1 comment:

  1. aw that's adorable! and - should we assume from this that the closing went well?? i hope so!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.