Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A stable full of imaginary horses

I am reading a book that I will review later on this blog, but I could not resist posting this one tidbit.

Apparently one of the performance horses with Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, described as "one of the best hoop jumpers," was named "Ta-ra-ra-boom-de-ay."

That NEEDS to be an event horse name, y/y? "Now on course, Boyd Martin riding the Thoroughbred gelding Ta-ra-ra-boom-de-ay."

Someone make that happen, ok?

(I'm going to have that song in my head for the rest of the day.)

(these are the kinds of things I think about when I can't get to the barn, ENOUGH ALREADY, WINTER.)

2 comments:

  1. In my imaginary barn I have a bunch of bay Morgans, named Chesapeake, Penobscot, Machias, Kennebeck and Muscongus. And also a pile of Section D Welsh Cobs who are all berries; Cloudberry, Wineberry, Blackberry, Huckleberry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahahaha, bay Morgans. I love it.

      Have Hannah tell you about her barn fully of punny Appaloosas sometime. We've been working on names for years.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.