Saturday, November 1, 2014

Weekly Blog Roundup

Here's a collection of interesting blog posts from around the internet for this week.

First, a collection of posts about the Fort Valey 50 Mile Endurance Ride & LD, from three excellent horsewomen and thoughtful writers. I swear, if I had to recap a 50 mile ride I'd ridden it would go something like "jesus christ that was a long ride and my ass hurts." But they go into such wonderful detail!

2014 Fort Valley 50 from In Omnia Paratus
The OD Fort Valley 30 Mile Ride from The Journey to 100 Miles
Fort Valley 50 Mile Endurance Ride: The Ride from Wait for the Jump

WIHS in Review from Stories from the Saddle
I'd love to go to the Washington International Horse Show someday; for now, I'll have to live vicariously through this great recap.

The Feedback from No-Kid Equestrians from A Gift Horse
Huh. I admit, I am in the still-not-sure camp. I don't know that I'd ever really thought before how much horses played into that decision. Interesting survey, interesting results.

Equestrian Last Wishes from She Moved to Texas
Hugely, HUGELY important topic. It's something I've had conversations about with a few people - both about their horses and about Tristan. If you don't have a plan, make one!

2 comments:

  1. Lauren's post inspired a conversation with Charles on the last wishes topic. I realized he had no idea what I wanted to happen to the horses if something were to happen to me! So it was a good thing we talked about it.

    I'm glad you enjoyed my post! I love this Weekly Blog Roundup: there's usually a new blog I haven't heard of to go check out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this weekly round up!

    Ditto what Saiph noted about Lauren's blog.

    And I laughed a lot about your comment re: endurance riding. Maybe we'll just have to get you out there one day anyway to see what you'll actually say. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.