Sunday, March 2, 2014

February Goals Wrap Up

For reference: 2014 Outline & 2014 Goals
So, February goals were:
February 
Ditto January: Stick to a consistent schedule; build topline & fitness; take a few lessons.  
If all goes well, try a few jumps under saddle at the end of the month.
How did we do?

So-so. First week was great; second week was wiped out due to work, weather, and illness; third and fourth weeks were free-longeing due to injuring my hand.

I took two lessons, both of which were hugely helpful. He definitely has gained both topline and fitness.

Jumping did not happen, but I suspected it might not. The saddle-fitter came out at the beginning of last week and that was too early for me.

Overall: I'm actually ok with where we are. He's in a good place mentally, and he's building strength. My fitness could be better, but I'm gaining skills as a rider and feel generally on track.

1 comment:

  1. Weather is probably the biggest factor in most peoples goals but seems like you are still doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.