Saturday, November 9, 2013

A funeral for riding boots?

If you are into organization or de-cluttering at all, you are probably already following the Unclutterer blog.

If you're not, and you're interested in such things, go check it out.

How is this horse-related? A brilliant post last week about saying goodbye to important objects featured a much-loved pair of riding boots. It's particularly apropos for me because I have a pair of boots that have been with me through many years and many milestones that I will have to throw away very soon. The zipper broke well over a year ago, and I've had them in the corner since then. It might be time.
A few years ago, I had to say goodbye to a pair of riding boots. I’ve been an avid equestrienne for the better part of 30 years and I bought my first pair of REAL riding boots in 1986. I wore these boots in horse shows around the province and in clinics with Olympians. The boots helped me ride at various equestrian centres in nine different cities in four different provinces.
Go read the whole post. It's insightful, and if you've had a piece of well-loved equipment that is past its useful life, it might be just what you need to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.