Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Reminder: keep proposing fictional horses!

Tomorrow I'll run the poll that will seed our competitors for March Madness 2017, but in the meantime, there's still some time left to suggest competitors!

You can suggest as many as you want, so name away!

I also wanted to open up for discussion an excellent point that Lauren made in the comments on my original post: should we consider Misty of Chincoteague fictional? I had listed her as such in my initial post but Lauren pointed out that she was based on a real horse.

I think there's an interesting argument for the book-version of Misty being very different from real-life Misty, and she might still qualify, but I'm willing to be persuaded in either direction. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I had the same thought about Misty. And Brighty. Although I think Misty is more based on an actual horse than Bright was on a real donkey. So, I dunno.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.