Sunday, January 1, 2017

House Post: Reading Nook

Starting off with my goals of decorating! I've been slowly adding art to the walls of my office, and, drumroll, finally put up Tristan's horseshoes.

Thank you, everyone, for your input on this!

I bowed to the wisdom of the crowd and took out the ice pads. That was not terribly easy, since they were nailed to the shoes, but I ran them under hot water for a while to soften the rubber and then tugged really hard.

Then I took a wire brush to the shoes and rinsed them in hot water repeatedly, then carefully toweled them dry. My bathroom might have looked like a murder scene from all the rust flecks and drops. I did not take pictures. You're welcome.

Then: on to the wall!



I was originally going to put them straight up, but when I put one nail in and turned around after grabbing another I really liked the tipsy look! So they will stay tipsy until and unless I decide to straighten them out.

I also added another piece of decoration to the room thanks to a Target visit (a staple of every trip to Boston).


$3.00 in half-off Christmas lights! I have to get some hooks for the corners, because longterm these lights will go on top of the molding for the windows and thus around the entire top of the room, but they are fine hanging like they are for now.

So, the last finishing pieces for the office are:
- get cavalry posters printed & framed
- get curtains
- finish off wall behind radiator (you can see it in the bottom right corner of the last picture)
- reupholster reading chair (this is more like a 3-5 year goal)

1 comment:

  1. Looks good. I have a chair I've been meaning to reupholster for the past 7 years. It's in our garage and my hubby keeps asking me about it. I need to make that happen in 2017! And I like the horse shoes tilted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.