Tuesday, December 1, 2015

For Your Consideration: #GivingTuesday at Ever After Mustang Rescue

I've written before about Tristan's rescue, mostly here and here. It remains a place near and dear to my heart because it gave me my best friend, and because it is a place where good people do good work.

Today is Giving Tuesday, as those of us in the nonprofit world know well. The time between Thanksgiving and New Year's is the busiest time of the year for fundraising. People are feeling more generous around the holidays and the more practical among them are looking at their impending tax filings.



So, on this Tuesday after the shopping and spending orgy that was the long weekend, many are considering giving back to their communities.

I will be making a donation to Ever After Mustang Rescue to support their work in rescuing and retraining mustangs.

Here's my twist.

Please comment on this post today with a horse-related nonprofit that you support. Even better, tell me that you've donated to that organization.

For each comment, I will donate an additional $5 to Ever After Mustang Rescue. (Up to a reasonable amount, I do still have a horse.)

So: let me know where you will be supporting with your donations today, or where you have supported in the past. (Last year, I did a roundup of horse-related charities; you can find it here.)

(I did think about making additional donations to the organizations you all support but the logistics started to scramble my brain. Maybe next year.)

3 comments:

  1. My husband and I donate to Neighsavers, an OTTB rescue in the bay area. We donate and attend their annual banquet every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support Therapeion, a local therapeutic riding center. I volunteer there and have donated in-kind items for various functions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends of the Sound Horse (FOSH). http://www.fosh.info/

    "Its purpose is to provide information to the public about the humane care, treatment and training of gaited horses, with a special emphasis on the Tennessee Walking Horse, and to promote the exhibition of the flat shod and barefoot Walking Horse at competitions designed to showcase the natural gaited pleasure walking horse. FOSH also actively supports versatility events and has its own Versatility Program. "

    Also, register at smile.amazon.com and name "Friends of the Sound Horse" to donate .5% of your purchases to FOSH (at no cost to you!).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! It's great to hear from you.